Special thanks to Miranda Powell for giving me the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award! I feel honored to be included in this award. Miranda also has a dysautonomia blog called "Dysautonomia: My Journey, My Battle, My Victory, My Life". She is able to keep upbeat while dealing with a disease as difficult as dysautonomia, and is an inspiration to many others. Keep up the great work Miranda!
In accepting this award, I agreed to list 10 things about me that you probably don't know.
1) I married my high school sweetheart. We have known each other since we were 12, and have been happily married for 10 years. He's the best! :)
2) I love horror movies. Even though they tend to screw with my heart rate, I can't resist them. Probably not the best idea, but sometimes you just need to do something fun!
3) I am fully obsessed with cupcakes. Although I very rarely allow myself to have them, they are my favorite!
4) I LOVE reading books...all kinds. My husband calls me a "book garbage disposal".
5) I taught myself to knit and crochet off of the Internet during my illness.
6) I really enjoy painting and drawing. I flip flopped between being and artist or a vet when I was younger. Now whenever I'm feeling up to it, I try to create some kind of artwork.
7) I like baking when I feel up to it (not so often I admit), but I try to make healthier versions so that I can feel a little less guilty (see number 3).
8) My dogs are my children. I love them to pieces!
9) I love the beach. I really think that I feel better when I am there. Whether it is the "ions" or just that I can relax there, who knows...but it's a great place to go. Hmmm, now I have to figure out when I can go there...
10) Someday I plan to have a big yard so that I can get GOATS. They are some of my favorite animals. My husband says he doesn't want them...but he will learn that he does!
So those are 10 things you didn't know about me! Now you're all going to go out and get a goat, right?
I also have the privilege of passing on this award to several other bloggers that I think are deserving.
Elisabeth at POTS and OI Recovery
Danielle at My Life with Ehlers-Danlos
Jane at Experience Janism
Michelle at Living with Bob (again)
The group at The Dysautonomia Connection (which does have multiple men associated with it, but I'm sure they won't be too offended to have a Sugar Doll award!)
Great blogs guys and gals!