Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Puppies and POTS

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and are not having too much trouble recovering from all of the activity. I also hope you tried not to overdo it so much that you can barely move now!

I wanted to apologize for how few posts I have put up over the past few months. Things have been a little tough in my neck of the woods, with many serious illnesses in my nuclear family that we have all been struggling with. I keep telling them, that I’M the only one that’s allowed to be this sick!! Hopefully 2011 will be a much better year for us all.

In the spirit of happy new beginnings, I want to share the new addition to my household: our new puppy, Loki! Since he is named after the Norse God of Mischief, you get a little idea into his personality… He’s a very sweet boy though, but he does like to torture our adult dog a little bit. And, if you were wondering, POTS and a new puppy are NOT mixing so well! I don’t think I completely thought things through when we jumped in with both feet, but I’m finally getting the hang of it. I am certainly getting the exercise that has been recommended for me since I have to take him out every hour! It was wonderful to have a little break over the holidays when there were 4 of us instead of just 1 to take him out during the day. I think the black circles under my eyes have finally faded a little with my increased sleep time over the holidays!

Here’s a picture of our new little devil! Isn’t he cute?

DSC_6537

Okay, I know I’ve said it before, but this time I hope to be able to do it…I plan to post more frequently in the upcoming new year!

Best wishes to you all for a new season of health and happiness!

2 comments:

Michelle Roger said...

So cute. Congrats on the new addition to your family. It is hard when you are ill as well but worth it in the end. Even now, ours are nearly 3yrs and 18mths and I find them exhausting, but still can't imagine being without them.

Lauren Butare-Smith, DVM said...

Thanks. We love him to pieces already. He's going to be a great addition to our family. Dogs are the best antidepressant around!

To make you smile...

Tubby

Tubby
Sweet boy

Chloe Bear

Chloe Bear
Chloe as a baby!